Monday, February 2, 2009

temple at wai.


The steps leading to river water are always an interesting element to paint.Difficult to show too!

all kind of activities are on these steps like washing clothes to washing buffelows!!many artists have built their carrers on ghats( steps) on rivers paintings.This i have done from a photograph!!,a rare thing ! I think i have lost the looseness in this painting,it is too perfect for my liking.Once in a while i do painting from photograph,just to get back to actual spot.

5 comments:

Ajay Patil said...

sanjeev,
loosness works well for natuarl objects like trees, water skies. Here for manmade objects like the house and setps the perfection works for me. Too impressionist may become abstarct ( Not that abstarct is bad but then that should be aimed result not accidental)

sanjeev joshi said...

hi ajay, you have a point.I have not done many from photos and i always feel at loss with such situations.I am happy painting outdoors wher i can change compositions the way i want!Finally you tend to compare photo and painting!...and here i am not happy, but if you like it i love it.!!

Art with Liz said...

The architect in you certainly comes through in this painting Sanjeev. Your perspective is perfect, but I must admit, I prefer your looser work.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Liz and Ajay. the architect in you comes through in all your work. The combination of looseness in the foliage and definition in the buildings works well in this painting.
Jean

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Both your paintings are fantastic. Hard to believe you can still be loose under the conditions you describe. As for the steps, great composition and I agree that the combination of looseness and architecture makes a beautiful painting.